Full Paper submissions
FULL PAPER SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OVERDUE
Successful abstract author notifications have all been sent and full papers are now OVERDUE. You can still submit your full paper if you have not already but be quick. Reviews of full papers are taking place now and authors will be notified before the early bird registration cut off. If there are any concerns please contact the Conference Managers at email@example.com.
Full Paper Submission Portal
Full Paper Guidelines
Full Paper Template
Conference Themes and Topics
The theme for Concrete 2023 is “Resilient & Sustainable Concrete: Breaking Down Barriers” and topics for abstracts are:
- Alkali Activated and Geopolymer Concretes – Innovative research, practical applications
- Asset and Maintenance Management – inspection, monitoring, databases, remaining and extending life
- Buildings – design, inspections, maintenance, defects, compliance, certification
- Case Studies and Major Projects
- Concrete Materials – cement, SCM’s, admixtures, other materials
- Concrete Design – axial, bending, deformation, shear, torsion, models, non-linear analysis
- Concrete Properties – shrinkage, creep, strength, thermal block test and adiabatic temperature, mix designs, early-age, short and long term heat of hydration
- Digital Innovations in Concrete – AI, 3D printing, BIM, design process, site investigations, monitoring, equipment, data management, DfMA, automation
- Extreme Events – Seismic, fire, blast, cyclone, climate change
- High Performance Concrete – UHPC, cementitious composites, SCC and viscosity modified
- Infrastructure – Design, construction, maintenance of bridges, tunnels, basement, water & marine structures
- Inspection and Testing – visual scanning, thermography, drones, temperature and maturity monitoring
- Precast, Prefabricated and Modular Concrete
- Reinforcement – Steel reinforcement, GFRP, fibres, stressing tendons, other reinforcing
- Repair and Retrofit – materials, methods, historic structures, strengthening
- Standards, Specifications, Recommended Practices, Model Codes
- Sustainability – Carbon footprint, carbon zero, repurpose, reuse, recycle, waste materials use
- Durability – modelling, cracking, design, monitoring in construction and operation, extended life
Preparing to Submit an Abstract
All abstracts must be submitted online via the Conference Abstract Portal which will close on Thursday, 13 October 2022.
- Abstract Format & Layout Guidelines
- Mode of Presentation
- Rules & Guidelines
- Presenter Agreement
- Evaluation Criteria
- Conference Proceedings
- Abstracts must be submitted via the submission portal provided on the Concrete website.
- Abstracts should take the form of a total of 250 words (this is in relation to the abstract only. Title and Authors are in addition to the word limit).
- Authors are entered separately within the abstract submission portal and will format automatically to the required standard. NOTE: The order of the authors entered in the portal will be reflected in final publications
- The system will automatically format your abstract, so there is no font or size guideline.
- The abstract should briefly outline the key features, results and conclusions of the work in line with the selected theme.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Do not include tables, figures or photos.
- Abstracts must be free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- You will be asked to provide a short biography (up to 150 words) and photo with your submission for the presenting author.
- You will be asked to nominate your preference for digital poster or oral presentation.
- Please include degrees or professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof., etc).
It is the author’s responsibility to ensure the title, author and affiliation details entered in the paper submission site are correct and exactly as they should be published on the abstract.
At the time of submission, you will be asked to select your preferred mode of presentation. The final mode of your presentation will be selected by the Program Committee. Every effort will be made to honour poster only presentation requests.
Types of presentations:
- Presenters must disclose any potential conflict of interest.
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to reject submitted abstracts and to reclassify abstracts submitted to a particular theme into a different theme.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission site. Faxes, photocopies or emailed copies will not be accepted.
- You must receive the approval of all co-authors before including their names on the abstract.
- Abstracts will be reviewed after the submission deadline of Thursday 13 October 2022. Presenters are not permitted to modify their abstracts after this date.
- You may withdraw your abstract at any time until 13 October 2022, without notifying the Conference Managers, through the abstract submission site. Abstracts withdrawn after 13 October 2022, must be withdrawn using the ‘Contact Conference Manager’ function via the abstract submission portal. Requests not submitted via the portal will not be considered.
All presenters must agree to the following conditions when submitting an abstract:
- Abstracts will be made available in electronic format to meeting participants only.
- Abstracts will be made available to Conference delegates and CIA members post-Conference.
- Agree to pre-register for the meeting and pay the appropriate registration fee by the presenter pre-registration deadline of Wednesday 5 July 2023. Failure to pre-register by this date will result in the following:
– The abstract will be automatically withdrawn from the Online Abstract System.
– The submitter will not be allowed to present their abstract at the Conference.
- Full papers will be required once the abstract is approved.
Each abstract will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Clarity: Clarity of the paper with respect to its objectives, method, (expected) findings and their significance.
- Quality: Quality of the paper with respect to its significance and relevance to the conference themes.
- Anticipated interest to the conference attendees: Likely degree of interest in the paper to the conference attendees.
More information to come.
- How do I know if my abstract was successfully received? If there are any incomplete steps, you will not be able to submit your abstract. You will be able to view a proof of your abstract when you click on the Submit button. You will also receive a confirmation email from the system following successful submission of your abstract.
- Is there a word limit imposed on abstract titles? No.
- Is there a word limit imposed on abstract text? Yes, main abstract text must not exceed 250 words. The word count does not include the title, authors’ names or their affiliations.
- Can I change my selected theme after I complete my submission? Yes, you may return to your submission at any time prior to the abstract submission deadline to change the selected theme. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.
- What is the abstract deadline? 29 September 2022 (11:59 p.m. AWST).
- Can I make changes to my abstract text after the deadline? No. No change is allowed after the deadline.
- If I forget to add an author, can I do so after the abstract deadline? Yes, you can still add an author if necessary, by emailing the Conference Managers. However, please make every attempt to add all authors during the abstract submission.
- Can I submit more than one abstract presenter? Concrete 2023 permits authors to submit as many abstract as they like. Please note however that each presenter may present a maximum of 2 abstracts at the Conference.
- When I submit my abstract, how do I indicate my mode preference (oral or poster)? You will be asked to indicate your preference at the time of submission. While every attempt will be made to meet your preference, the number of abstracts that can be selected for oral presentation is limited. The Organising Committee will make the final decision regarding presentation type.
- Is there a limit on the number of co-authors that I can add to my abstract? No.
|Abstract submission open||Tuesday 5 July 2022|
|Abstract submission close||Thursday 29 September 2022|
|Abstract Author notification||Thursday 15 December 2022|
|Full Papers Open||Thursday 15 December 2022|
|Full Papers Close||Thursday 30 March 2023|
|Full Paper Author Notifications||Friday 26 May 2023|
|Author Registration Deadline||Wednesday 5 July 2023|