The Program Committee would like to thanks everyone who submitted an abstract for the Concrete Institute of Australia’s Biennial National Conference to be held online from 5-8 September 2021. Please be advised that the Review Process is currently still in progress and authors will be notified as soon as possible.
|Friday 11 September 2020||Abstracts Open|
|Tuesday 15 February 2021||Abstracts Close|
|Friday 26 February 2021||Abstract Author Notifications – DELAYED|
|Monday 1 March 2021||Full Papers Open – DELAYED|
|Thursday 15 April 2021||Full Papers Close|
|Monday 31 May 2021||Full Paper Author Notifications|
|Wednesday 30 June 2021||Author Registration Deadline|
Conference Theme & Topics
The theme for Concrete 2021 is “Smart & Innovative Concrete from Disruption” and topics for abstracts are:
- Alkali-activated and Geopolymer Concretes
- Asset Management – inspection, monitoring, remaining and extending life
- Bridges and Underpasses – design, inspections, maintenance, failure
- Buildings – design, inspections, maintenance, defects, compliance, certification
- Case Studies and Major Projects
- Concrete Materials – cement, SCM’s, admixtures, aggregates
- Concrete Design – shear and torsion, axial, bending, models, non-linear analysis etc
- Concrete Properties – shrinkage, creep, strength, heat of hydration
- Design for Extreme Events – seismic, fire, blast, cyclone, climate change
- Digital Innovations in Concrete – AI, 3D printing, BIM, design process, site investigations, monitoring, equipment, data management, automation, optimisation
- Durability – modelling, cracking, design, monitoring in construction and operation, extended life
- High Performance Concrete – UHPC, cementitious composites, SCC and viscosity modified
- Inspection and Testing – visual scanning, thermography, drones, temperature and maturity monitoring
- Precast, Prefabricated and Modular Concrete
- Reinforcement, Stressing Tendons, Fibres, Other Reinforcing
- Repair and Retrofit – materials, methods, historic structures, strengthening
- Standards, Specifications, Recommended Practices, Model Codes
- Sustainability – repurpose, reuse and recycle
- Tunnels, Underground and Foundation Structures – design, construction, site investigations, monitoring
- Water and Marine Infrastructure – design, construction, maintenance
Modes of Presentation
At the time of submission, you will be asked to select your preferred mode of presentation. However, not all requests can be accommodated, and the final mode of your presentation will be selected by the Program Committee. Every effort will be made to honour poster only presentation requests. The Concrete 2021 program will include presentations in the following modes:
The number of Oral Presentations we can accommodate in the program is limited and will be selected by the Organising Committee in consultation with Session Chairs and/or the Program Committee. Their duration will be advised to the presenters at the time of selection.
The Poster Presentations will be available throughout the Conference. Poster presentations will be allocated to specific sessions to be advised at the time of selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if my abstract was successfully received? If there are any incomplete steps, you will not be able to submit your abstract. You will be able to view a proof of your abstract when you click on the Submit button. You will also receive a confirmation email from the system following successful submission of your abstract.
- Is there a word limit imposed on abstract titles? No.
- Is there a word limit imposed on abstract text? Yes, main abstract text must not exceed 250 words. The word count does not include the title, authors’ names or their affiliations.
- Can I change my selected theme after I complete my submission? Yes, you may return to your submission at any time prior to the abstract submission deadline to change the selected theme. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.
- What is the abstract deadline? 15 February 2021 (11:59 p.m. AWST).
- Can I make changes to my abstract text after the deadline? No. No change is allowed after the deadline.
- If I forget to add an author, can I do so after the abstract deadline? Yes, you can still add an author if necessary, by emailing the Conference Managers. However, please make every attempt to add all authors during the abstract submission.
- Can I submit more than one abstract presenter? Concrete 2021 permits authors to submit as many abstract as they like. Please note however that each presenter may present a maximum of 2 abstracts at the Conference.
- When I submit my abstract, how do I indicate my mode preference (oral or poster)? You will be asked to indicate your preference at the time of submission. While every attempt will be made to meet your preference, the number of abstracts that can be selected for oral presentation is limited. The Organising Committee will make the final decision regarding presentation type.
- Is there a limit on the number of co-authors that I can add to my abstract? No.